- Latest News
- Calendar of Events
- An evening with... The Industry Experts
- An evening with... The Boss
- An evening with... The Buyers
- An evening with... Roja Dove
- An evening with... The Editors
- An evening with... The Marketing Experts
- An evening with... The Managing Directors 2014
- An evening with... The Managing Directors
- An Evening With.. The Buzz Creators
- An Evening With... The Educators
- An Evening With... Thierry Wasser
- An Evening With... The Best of British Journalism
- Circle of Champions
- Hot off the Press
- National Fragrance Day
- National Fragrance Day 2017
Latest News | Fragrance Foundation UK
Brix Smith Start to be Jasmine Judge -Date Posted: 29th August 2014
Jasmine Awards Announcement!
Our next fabulous judge will be: Brix Smith Start!
Brix Smith-Start began her career in her native US as an actress and singer, perhaps more memorably in the legendary post-punk British band The Fall in 1983 as a guitarist/singer/songwriter. With a keen eye and passion for fashion, in 2002 with her husband Philip, Brix launched her first boutique Start. Taking over Rivington Street in East London, with 4 fabulous boutiques and an online store the Start stores are A-list boutiques. With huge designer labels such as Mulberry, See by Chloe, Philip Lim and so many more, Brix has worked hard to bring fashion for everyone.
The fashionista and stylist has become one of the most recognizable faces in fashion having worked on all three series of C4’s runaway smash ‘Gok’s Fashion Fix’. At the same time she was a daily fixture on the hit Sky 1 lunchtime chat show ‘Angela and Friends’ (Sky TV) as their fashion guru and her numerous television appearances include an BBC’s ‘The Culture Show’.
A huge hit with viewers and a regular key contributor to both Elle magazine and Grazia magazine, Brix has worked on and fronted numerous campaigns working with Google Street View Awards, IsMe.com, Scholl, Thompsons Holidays, Special K, Selfridges, Lastminute.com, Tia Maria, Triumph and The Lowry.