- Latest News
- Calendar of Events
- An evening with... The Industry Experts
- An evening with... The Boss
- An evening with... The Buyers
- An evening with... Roja Dove
- An evening with... The Editors
- An evening with... The Marketing Experts
- An evening with... The Managing Directors 2014
- An evening with... The Managing Directors
- An Evening With.. The Buzz Creators
- An Evening With... The Educators
- An Evening With... Thierry Wasser
- An Evening With... The Best of British Journalism
- Circle of Champions
- Hot off the Press
- National Fragrance Day
- National Fragrance Day 2017
Latest News | Fragrance Foundation UK
Joanne Harris to be a Jasmine Awards judge -Date Posted: 28th August 2014
We are thrilled to announce that Joanne Harris, author of the Oscar-nominated film Chocolat, will be a Jasmine Awards Judge for us this year!
The Jasmine Awards recognise and reward the talents of journalists and visualisers whose difficult task it is to translate the complex art of perfumery into words and pictures.
Joanne studied Modern and Mediaeval Languages at St Catharine’s College, Cambridge and was a teacher for fifteen years, during which time she published three novels; The Evil Seed (1989), Sleep, Pale Sister (1993) and Chocolat (1999).
Since then, she has written eleven more novels; Blackberry Wine, Five Quarters of the Orange, Coastliners, Holy Fools, Gentlemen and Players, The Lollipop Shoes and Runemarks, blueeyedboy, Runelight and Peaches for Monsieur le Curé, The Gospel of Loki which was published in 2014, plus two books of short stories; Jigs & Reels, and A Cat, A Hat and a Piece of String, and, with cookery writer Fran Warde, three cookbooks; The French Kitchen, The French Market and The Little Book of Chocolat. Her books are now published in over 50 countries and have won a number of British and international awards. In 2013 she was awarded an MBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours List.
She plays bass guitar in a band first formed when she was 16, is currently studying Old Norse and lives with her husband Kevin about 15 miles from the place she was born.