- Latest News
- Calendar of Events
- An evening with... The Industry Experts
- An evening with... The Boss
- An evening with... The Buyers
- An evening with... Roja Dove
- An evening with... The Editors
- An evening with... The Marketing Experts
- An evening with... The Managing Directors 2014
- An evening with... The Managing Directors
- An Evening With.. The Buzz Creators
- An Evening With... The Educators
- An Evening With... Thierry Wasser
- An Evening With... The Best of British Journalism
- Circle of Champions
- Hot off the Press
- National Fragrance Day
- National Fragrance Day 2017
Latest News | Fragrance Foundation UK
Introducing our first Jasmine Awards Judge -Date Posted: 1st November 2016
Introducing our first Jasmine Awards Judge, Veronica Henry!
Veronica Henry went to the Royal School Bath and studied Latin at Bristol University. She began her career as a production secretary on ‘The Archers’, typing out scripts and tracking down sound effects. She then moved to Central Television, and worked as a script editor as well as developing ideas for new drama series.
When she started a family she jumped over the fence and became a script writer, fondly imaging the baby would sleep in a Moses basket at her feet while she wrote .... She contributed to some of our best-loved dramas, including Heartbeat and Holby City.
In 2000 she got her first publishing deal with Penguin Books, and has written fifteen bestselling novels, including The Beach Hut and The Long Weekend. In 2012 she was writer in residence on the Venice Simplon Orient Express, and her novel A Night on the Orient Express won the Romantic Novel of the Year Award in 2014. She also writes features for women’s magazines including Red, Good Housekeeping and Woman and Home. Her latest novel, How to Find Love in a Bookshop, is published by Orion.
Veronica lives by the sea in North Devon with her sons and miniature Schnauzer, Zelda. She always choses a signature scent for her main characters, and wears them for inspiration whilst writing.