- Latest News
- Calendar of Events
- An evening with... The Industry Experts
- An evening with... The Boss
- An evening with... The Buyers
- An evening with... Roja Dove
- An evening with... The Editors
- An evening with... The Marketing Experts
- An evening with... The Managing Directors 2014
- An evening with... The Managing Directors
- An Evening With.. The Buzz Creators
- An Evening With... The Educators
- An Evening With... Thierry Wasser
- An Evening With... The Best of British Journalism
- Circle of Champions
- Hot off the Press
- National Fragrance Day
- National Fragrance Day 2017
Latest News | Fragrance Foundation UK
Julien MacDonald to join Jasmine Awards Judging Panel -Date Posted: 9th September 2015
Julien Macdonald OBE was born in Wales. He studied fashion knitwear at the University of Brighton before receiving his MA from the prestigious Royal College of Art in London.
Soon after the success of his RCA graduation show in 1996, his talent caught the attention of Karl Lagerfeld. As head designer of knitwear for Chanel Julien began to hone his skill set not only as a visionary within the knitwear field, but also as a driving force within a high fashion couture house.
Julien launched his own label in 1997 with ‘Mermaids’, a static presentation of his designs styled by the inspirational Isabella Blow and there began his reputation as a leading British fashion designer. His first London Fashion Week show was staged for Spring/Summer 1998.
In 2001 he was appointed as successor to Alexander McQueen as Creative Director of the French fashion house Givenchy, where he designed both their haute couture and ready-to-wear collections. It was during 2004 that Julien decided to return to London to concentrate on his own label and shows.
Following the launch of his London atelier in February 2013, Julien Macdonald has created a stunning array of work; collections inspired by the exotic gardens of Marrakesh, the opulent beauty of cathedrals immersed in biblical references, and in contrast, the rock ‘n’ roll of Las Vegas. These eagerly anticipated collections have been exhibited at celebrity packed shows, in venues ranging from Goldsmiths Hall to the majestic Royal Courts of Justice, creating breathtaking events which firmly certify Julien Macdonald’s title as fashion’s king of glamour.