- Latest News
- Calendar of Events
- An evening with... The Industry Experts
- An evening with... The Boss
- An evening with... The Buyers
- An evening with... Roja Dove
- An evening with... The Editors
- An evening with... The Marketing Experts
- An evening with... The Managing Directors 2014
- An evening with... The Managing Directors
- An Evening With.. The Buzz Creators
- An Evening With... The Educators
- An Evening With... Thierry Wasser
- An Evening With... The Best of British Journalism
- Circle of Champions
- Hot off the Press
- National Fragrance Day
- National Fragrance Day 2017
Latest News | Fragrance Foundation UK
Gill Hudson to join Jasmine Awards Judging Panel -Date Posted: 7th September 2015
We are delighted to announce that Gill Hudson will be joining our Jasmine Awards Judging Panel this year!
Gill edited her first magazine at the age of seven. It had a print run of just six, all laboriously reproduced by hand, which she then sold in the school playground.
She studied English Literature at the University of Sussex before starting her (adult) publishing career as an editorial assistant at Weidenfeld & Nicolson. But it wasn’t until her next job, that Gill realised she’d got it right when she was seven and that what she really wanted to be was a magazine editor.
Since then, Gill has edited Company, New Woman and eve, the men’s magazines Maxim and Stuff – both of which she launched – and the hugely successful weekly Radio Times.
Gill has also been Chair of the Editorial Training Consultants Committee for the Professional Publishers Association (PPA), Chair of the British Society of Magazine Editors (BSME), and a member of the Women in Journalism committee.
She stopped full-time work at the end of 2012 and now works as a freelance consultant, writer and lecturer, and represents the magazine industry on the Complaints Committee for the new press regulator IPSO.